Five Things I Do With My Kids That I Would Have Also Done By Myself:
1. Crystal painting (as much epsom salt as you can dissolve in a bit of boiling water, and you can stick the pages in the oven on 200* if you want to speed the drying/crystallizing process)
2. Parallel parking down town in order to go see the Budweiser Clydesdales. Brooklyn asked to go, and stayed as long as I'd let her - but going was in no way a sacrifice for me. Beautiful, giant horses? I'm in!
3. Wear fun shoes (I've wanted sneakers like these for years - not sure why I waited until she got some... but this way we're twinkie toes!)
4. Weekly treats from local businesses - "well, I guess we're just not going to get ice cream, then," is never going to be a punishment for them because I want some too!
5. Being outside, collecting leaves, doodling in the dirt, and building tiny cairns with found pebbles.
It's Five Minute Friday! Each week a flashmob of bloggers gather, internet wide, to write for five minutes (no stopping, no editing) on a prompt provided by sweet Kate, then link up and share a little comment love. For more info, more posts, and/or to join in, head here!