Thursday, August 24, 2017

Cozier and Cozier


August has been a very knitty month (although, for some reason, it doesn't feel like I got much done...) First off the needles was a new design - the Sacred Oak cowl is available on Ravelry, and I had a lovely time knitting it! (Adorable pin was gifted to me, but you can get your own here)


Next in the green vein, I took a week to do a mystery KAL as part of Shannon Okay's #knitgrrl52 project. It turned into a darling tea cozy (which is a thing that I have never knitted before), and until such time as I want my tea kept boiling hot, it's going to be keeping my pretty teapot safe from chips in the cabinet.



Next, a rare commission - I made yet another Dotted Rays (I may be slightly addicted - Brooklyn asked for a miniature one for herself, so that's on the docket for next month) for a friend at church. I adore the yarn she chose, and I'm slightly sad that I'm not keeping it for myself. At least she's local, so I have the hope of seeing it again, on her.


Also not for me, but for a swap - my version of the Beeswax Cowl. The original called for a lighter weight yarn, so I dropped two repeats and then carried on with my chunky, and it turned out great. I cannot speak highly enough of this pattern - it was a delight to knit, and I hope the person it's going to enjoys wearing it as much as I enjoyed making it.


I took the leftover yarn from the acorn cowl and attempted to make a T for Brooklyn - a combination of yarn shortage and failing to account for ease resulted in a too-small garment, but I found someone it'll fit. And I'm glad to have learned on lesson on a larger-gauge project, since the other two she has queued up for me are on sock yarn.


Now I'm working on a sweater of sorts for Tobin, and trying to get as much of it knocked out as I can before Adam gets back. Watch for this cosplay streetwear design next month!

No comments: