Thursday, June 8, 2017

Skinny



I have gotten a lot of knitting done lately, and not a whole lot else (I keep telling myself that this is a temporary opportunity that I should be making the most of). Most recently: Crete from Shibui. It was an engaging knit (linen held single, linen held double with merino, switch from yellow to brown, from brown to yellow...) that went surprisingly quickly, despite the fine gauge yarn, thanks to big needles. It's everything I love about linen - the openness, the drape, the softness - and I'm pleased with how it turned out.


The socks I mentioned a couple of weeks ago are finished - Shannon Okey's Schatzi Socks were grand fun, and I'm so glad I found the perfect pattern for this long-stashed yarn.



I also survived the edging on Quill and gave it to Kandy, who blocked it to magnificence. I'm satisfied with how it turned out, glad that I put in the effort necessary to make it more-or-less perfect, grateful for the opportunity to knit it - and probably never going to make another one ever again.


With those complete, I'm beginning a month of baby sweaters. A fellow knitter is gathering items for babies/mamas at a crisis pregnancy center, and I have entirely too much sock yarn in my stash. I actually have enough to make six of these, but we'll see how many I can knock out before I need to send them to her. I'm about to start the sleeves on the first one, and thankfully this is a nice portable project. At some point I'm going to have to stop long enough to find some cute little gender neutral buttons...

No comments: