Thursday, June 29, 2017

Give It All Away



June has been a month of knitting for others. I've finished two baby sweaters to donate {using this pattern}, and have yarn for several more. They've been taking me about a week to do, so I still have time to move my stash out of my closet and onto a baby. Knitting for babies is great - they improve everything they get close to.



So that I don't risk burning out (which is a thing that I've learned about through experience) I took the end of the month off sweaters and focused on finishing unfinished things. First a Brazen for a friend undergoing chemo this summer - I worked on it in the movie theater a couple of times, and managed to keep track of what row I was on by crossing my legs strategically (right over left - first row; left over right - second row; legs apart - third row; repeat) since I couldn't actually see what I was doing. Nevertheless, it turned out nicely, I think, and I hope she likes it.



I had started another Dotted Rays a few months ago for travel knitting when I went to see my Bear, and then set it aside when I got home. I got it out for a weekend retreat and made lots of good progress - I'm very pleased with how it turned out, and I can't wait until it's cold again and I can wear it with my pink coat! I am keeping this one, but it gave my hands something to do while my heart was taking in some fairly intense stories and adventures.

I'm going to use the last two days of this week to make as much progress as possible on the Modern Nymph I started awhile back with leftover linen from various other projects - and then it's back to baby sweaters!

No comments: