For me, the best place for a fresh start or to begin a new project is on my birthday - the beginning of my year. So the year I was 21, I did a photo a day project (that ended up including an internship in Cleveland, meeting/dating my now-husband Adam, and going to New York to work for Vogue Knitting - so I'm retrospectively glad that I committed to documenting that particular year!), and the year I was 24, I knitted the sky (one row on a scarf each day in the color of the sky). So for 27, I'm doing lists. I'm going to roughly follow along with the book The 52 Lists Project.
A list of the things that make my spirit feel free
1. Traveling solo - no one to take care of or coordinate for but me
2. Wild places, where you can close your eyes and not hear any human noises
3. Collecting tiny beautiful things
4. Sharing space with the ones I love
5. Adventures and quests and new experiences