Tuesday, May 16, 2017

52 Lists: favorite places you've been

For me, the best place for a fresh start or to begin a new project is on my birthday - the beginning of my year. So the year I was 21, I did a photo a day project (that ended up including an internship in Cleveland, meeting/dating my now-husband Adam, and going to New York to work for Vogue Knitting - so I'm retrospectively glad that I committed to documenting that particular year!), and the year I was 24, I knitted the sky (one row on a scarf each day in the color of the sky). So for 27, I'm doing lists. I'm going to roughly follow along with the book The 52 Lists Project.


A list of my favorite places I have been


1. New York City (Brooklyn, specifically, although the photo is of lower Manhattan)

2. The Pacific Northwest - no photos because at the time I was wielding a lovely little Japanese film camera. But it's a place I'd love to go back to!


3. Fayetteville, Arkansas - coffee and local businesses and people. This is my standard of what a city should have to offer.

4. Colorado - also from my film camera days. So much natural beauty!


5. Most recently, on a tropical island with my Bear

6. Or any beach anywhere - also mountains, the good big ones


7. Little Rock - it's growing on me, although it has taken me awhile to forgive it for not being Fayetteville

No comments: