Tuesday, April 18, 2017

52 Lists: things that motivate you

For me, the best place for a fresh start or to begin a new project is on my birthday - the beginning of my year. So the year I was 21, I did a photo a day project (that ended up including an internship in Cleveland, meeting/dating my now-husband Adam, and going to New York to work for Vogue Knitting - so I'm retrospectively glad that I committed to documenting that particular year!), and the year I was 24, I knitted the sky (one row on a scarf each day in the color of the sky). So for 27, I'm doing lists. I'm going to roughly follow along with the book The 52 Lists Project.


A list of the things that motivate me


1. Color
   (my two favorite yarn stores ever, one local, thankfully, arrange their wares by color, and it brings me so much joy and so many ideas)
2. and texture
   (again, yarn. Ooh, I love this lumpy linen blend! I want to make something that reminds people of trees bark out of it...)
3. Time in which to do the thing I may be motivated to do
   (let's face it - this is the biggest one. What's the point of being motivated if I'm bound in such a way that I can't actually do anything about it?)
4. Music
   (a capella covers of traditional drinking songs really make the dinner making process more fun. Something about belting out The Parting Glass along with Peter Hollens just... helps)
5. Beauty
   (even more so than the lack thereof. I mean, I want to add beauty where there is none, but beauty with preexisting beauty doesn't detract, it multiplies)

No comments: