Thursday, March 16, 2017

Colorful



I love color (I may have mentioned that yesterday...). But (partly for economy, and partly so as not to add to the boxes in the top of my closet where yarn bits go to die) I rarely work things in more than one color. But when I discovered a basket of sock yarn minis at my favorite local yarn store, I chose my five favorites first and designed after. Thus, Gratifying, available for free on Ravelry. In case you or someone you know needs a fun spring cowl.




I rarely knit other people's patterns. But one book that I have had and loved and marked pages in for years is French Girl Knits by Kristeen Griffin-Grimes. I want to knit almost everything in it, and I had actually made two things (a lace tunic and an openwork sleeveless top). When some Shibui Silk Cloud was made available to me as a gift, I immediately got enough for two more projects. It's taken me a few months between other projects, but I'm very pleased with how the Veronique shrug turned out. I beaded all the edges because I love beads, and it was totally worth the extra work. (The purple I'm wearing under it is another project that will have its own post sometime next month).


Having finished my deadline projects and gotten the shrug off my conscience and onto my body, the Knitting Fates presented me with the recently released Perun Cowl by Shannon Okey (my very first sweater was one of hers, and I spent 6 fabulous weeks as her intern several years ago - it was about time I did another of her patterns). It seemed like a good garment for spring and for an upcoming trip (the Airport Conundrum - freezing planes, temperate terminals, and scorching tropical tarmacs). I was excited to find the yarn the pattern called for at my favorite local yarn store, and I'm hoping to have it finished up in a few days (probably just in time for the weather to warm up again, but there's always air conditioning).

No comments: