Thursday, January 5, 2017

(More Than) One Word


Twenty seventeen. Crazy. The past year has been filled with adventures, expected and un, and flew by (as per usual). The last week of it we spent in Fayetteville, visiting family for Christmas, so that has contributed to my thoroughly mucked-up sense of time.





Gifts were given and received, people were visited, there was good food and shenanigans of all sorts... and I am glad to be home (because it is possible to both enjoy something and also be glad that it's over).


Now we're back and I have a long list of Things To Do, because it's a new month and a new year. Thank you notes, for starters. I got lots of tools (cookbook, utensils and cookware, hard-to-find ingredients...) to aid me in my quest to conquer a new recipe every month that my Bear is gone, which I am grateful for and looking forward to using.



both necklaces by Bella Vita Jewelry

After adventure as my word-of-the-year for 2016, pacific chose me for this year (yes, yes, 52 Lists wanted to know my goals and resolutions for the coming year, but that's not really my thing). I'm curious to see how it will manifest - I'm currently processing through it with a new design (coming soon!), but I think part of it will entail exploring my own depths and boundaries, and also grace and humility. As immediate practice for the last mentioned, I've got a giant project that will take up most of January - that I can't talk about and that won't have my name on it once it's finished. I'm excited to do it - but it will be interesting to process that excitement in a way that's not verbal or photographic, since those are my go-tos.

In the mean time, do you have a word for the year?

No comments: