Tuesday, December 27, 2016

52 Lists: your favorite characters

For me, the best place for a fresh start or to begin a new project is on my birthday - the beginning of my year. So the year I was 21, I did a photo a day project (that ended up including an internship in Cleveland, meeting/dating my now-husband Adam, and going to New York to work for Vogue Knitting - so I'm retrospectively glad that I committed to documenting that particular year!), and the year I was 24, I knitted the sky (one row on a scarf each day in the color of the sky). So for 27, I'm doing lists. I'm going to roughly follow along with the book The 52 Lists Project.

A list of my favorite characters from books, movies, etc

Clockwise from top left: Bilbo Baggins, Tintin, Sherlock
This list was surprisingly difficult - I found that I tend to prefer the way the characters interact as a group, as opposed to favoring specific ones

1. Sherlock Holmes (the book version, as well as the BBC/Benedict Cumberbatch version, and also Robert Downey Jr's portrayal)
2. Hermione Granger. Because Harry would have died in the first book without her - and the solution to most problems can truly be found at the library.
3. Bilbo Baggins - a fellow introvert
4. Anne Shirley (the book version - I love the whole Anne of Green Gables series, for her spunk and imagination)
5. Tintin - as a child, I aspired to be Tintin when I grew up; a journalist who had all sorts of adventures in pursuit of a story
6. Mina Harker. The most sensical character in all of Dracula (the quietly capable book version, not any of the movie versions I've seen)
7. Edmund Pevensie - I know, I know, everyone likes Lucy (and Peter), but really, he's the character that I relate to the most in The Chronicles of Narnia
8. Jo March - the other sisters in Little Women all annoy me in turn, but Jo I understand

No comments: