Tuesday, December 13, 2016

52 Lists: most memorable moments of your year

For me, the best place for a fresh start or to begin a new project is on my birthday - the beginning of my year. So the year I was 21, I did a photo a day project (that ended up including an internship in Cleveland, meeting/dating my now-husband Adam, and going to New York to work for Vogue Knitting - so I'm retrospectively glad that I committed to documenting that particular year!), and the year I was 24, I knitted the sky (one row on a scarf each day in the color of the sky). So for 27, I'm doing lists. I'm going to roughly follow along with the book The 52 Lists Project.

A list of the most memorable moments of my year


January: A rare movie date night with my Bear - so grateful for reliable babysitters!


February: Watching my one year old further develop his little personality (it's so hard to believe that he's almost two now!)


March: Writing two patterns for Ewe Ewe yarns, and Brooklyn and Tobin modeling the sweaters for me.


April: House hunting, and our last month at the apartment.


May: Getting moved and settled into our first house.


June: Going to Dallas for my/Brooklyn's birthdays, and riding the train downtown to the aquarium.


July: Spending a weekend on Mount Magazine at a marriage retreat with my Bear (and Tobin, because nursing baby).


August: Settling into new rhythms and routines, and making our home homier.


September: Exploring our neighborhood more, finding parks and libraries nearby.


October: Spending a few days hiking just-us-two for our anniversary.


November: The outpouring of love and support from family and our church community.


December: Just seeing the little people that Brooklyn and Tobin are becoming.

No comments: