Friday, November 4, 2016

Journey...


I don't have a lot of words today - we're in the depths of laundry and packing and last-minute to-dos. But the prompt reminded me of this, a necklace that I recently had made into a pair of bangles, all the components of which remind me of my Bear. As much as my introversion struggles with having a constant traveling companion, I recognize the difficulty of the road around the bend, as our paths diverge for awhile. But through both solitude and loneliness, I'll continue to seek joy in the journey, and look forward to walking a single path together again.

It's Five Minute Friday! Each week a flashmob of bloggers gather, internet wide, to write for five minutes (no stopping, no editing) on a prompt provided by sweet Kate, then link up and share a little comment love. For more info, more posts, and/or to join in, head here!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

That's a beautiful necklace (of course, not a necklace now!). I love your attitude about continue to seek joy in the journey...we all need that attitude.

{Your FMF neighbor.}

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

I LOVE that saying and always have! what a beautiful necklace!

Visiting from FMF (#59)

Lisa McClanahan said...

Beautiful, and a great saying.

Tara Ulrich said...

What a beautiful necklace and reminder for us all.

Amber Taube said...

I love that! It's hard when our journeys take us from the ones we love! But there is joy to be found. Thanks for this sweet and simple reminder.

Somer Floyd said...

Simple And eloquent as always :)