Tuesday, November 22, 2016

52 Lists: your favorite books

For me, the best place for a fresh start or to begin a new project is on my birthday - the beginning of my year. So the year I was 21, I did a photo a day project (that ended up including an internship in Cleveland, meeting/dating my now-husband Adam, and going to New York to work for Vogue Knitting - so I'm retrospectively glad that I committed to documenting that particular year!), and the year I was 24, I knitted the sky (one row on a scarf each day in the color of the sky). So for 27, I'm doing lists. I'm going to roughly follow along with the book The 52 Lists Project.


A list of my favorite books


1. All Sherlock Holmes stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
2. Wind, Sand and Stars by Antoine de Saint Exupery
3. The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baronness Orczy
4. Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
5. The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien
6. Entebbe by Iddo Netanyahu
7. The Great Impersonation by E Phillips Oppenheim
8. Brazen by Leeana Tankersley
9. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
10. Finding Spiritual Whitespace by Bonnie Gray
11. The Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
12. Brigadier Gerard by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
13. The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien (let's just say all things Tolkien)
14. The Anne of Green Gables series by LM Montgomery
15. The Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis
16. Beowulf as translated by Seamus Heaney
17. The Mysterious Island by Jules Verne (make that "everything by him except Paris in the 20th Century")
18. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
19. The Adventures of Tintin by Herge (graphic novels count, right?)
20. The Bible

No comments: