Tuesday, November 8, 2016

52 Lists: things you're grateful for

For me, the best place for a fresh start or to begin a new project is on my birthday - the beginning of my year. So the year I was 21, I did a photo a day project (that ended up including an internship in Cleveland, meeting/dating my now-husband Adam, and going to New York to work for Vogue Knitting - so I'm retrospectively glad that I committed to documenting that particular year!), and the year I was 24, I knitted the sky (one row on a scarf each day in the color of the sky). So for 27, I'm doing lists. I'm going to roughly follow along with the book The 52 Lists Project.


A list of things I'm grateful for


In the interest of brevity, I'm keeping this at three-a-day from the past week

1. Falling leaves and flowers that are still beautiful, even as they fade
2. Unexpected yarn (always a gift!)
3. Loblolly with Brooklyn and Tobin (and a local icecream place with multiple vegan options for the dairy-free among us)
4. A whole entire jammy day at home
5. The #30daysofbiblelettering hashtag/challenge on Instagram
6. Brooklyn playing the piano and Tobin asking for "tucks" with me on the couch
7. Grocery shopping in three stops - having the option/luxury of going across town to a specific store for a couple of items, and neither Little having a meltdown in the process
8. A free movie code from Redbox and a date night in with my Bear
9. Taking a bath and reading while Brooklyn and Tobin practiced afternoon peace - this may need to become a thing!
10. Adam having an extra day off (used mostly for packing, but it was still nice to have him here)
11. An amazingly generous church family that jumps in to help, even when it's someone we haven't actually met who heard of a need
12. Sitting by a fire, made the more enjoyable by a long-awaited cool front
13. A lunch-and-movie date with Adam, sans Littles
14. Someone keeping his truck for us while he's gone
15. Food truck rallies, and a last chance to eat at my very favorite food truck before it ceased to be
16. Brooklyn and Tobin's grace and courage at the send-off ceremony (less the part where Tobin fell off his chair during the national anthem and had to be removed...)
17. Thoughtful and encouraging calls and texts and comments
18. Spending a couple of hours at the airport before Adam left
19. Mum staying an extra day to help with Littles
20. Arting all together
21. An autumny day cool enough to make hot tea enjoyable

1 comment:

Juliann in WA said...

I love lists and this one is a great one!