Thursday, October 6, 2016

Something Wild {Everyday Beautiful}


I bought Lindsey Stirling's latest album last week and I've listened to nothing else since. After having the entire album on repeat for several days, the song Something Wild suddenly started making me cry. I've been practicing sitting down in those spaces and first allowing myself to feel what I'm feeling, no questions asked, then gently asking what sparked my reaction (so, essentially, how I approach my Littles when they have a meltdown). One line in particular stood out: If you're lost out where the lights are blinding... that's when something wild calls you home. I'd never thought about being lost under a city's lights, but that's absolutely how I feel. A few thousand years ago, I'd have been an earth worshiper - as it is, I feel most deeply connected to my Creator when I'm near His creation. There's a beauty in things that are direct from Him, with no human filter, that always centers and brings peace.

(Listen to the song here)


This post is day 6 in my 31 Days series, 31 Days of Everyday Beautiful - for an introduction and more posts, head here.

No comments: