Thursday, October 27, 2016

Across the Universe {Everyday Beautiful}


I love the Beatles. There is a Beatles song for every possible occasion (maybe even more than one) and they're so darn catchy. Tobin (who is not quite two) loves to do the "yeah"s for me when I sing She Loves You, and I once apologized to my roommate for not taking out the trash in a manner she found timely (we'd had a row about it that morning) after We Can Work It Out came on on the radio.

So I started out to write a post about #fmfpartysnailmail - about how amazing it is that we can record our thoughts on a piece of pretty paper, fold it up, put a stamp on it, and send it by truck and plane to someone somewhere else in the world, and then they can open it up and see what we were thinking - about how wonderfully encouraging it is to find a box or envelope in your postbox, whether you were expecting it or not - about the beauty of friendship between people who have never met in person (y'all, if I ever manage to move to Washington, which I would love, I will already have like five friends there because of this).

But then (probably because of the Star Trek postage stamps) Across the Universe wormed its way into my head, and I started thinking about another letter - one that stretched across time and space, one that took human form, one that not only empathizes with my struggles but can also help me with them, one that I so often fail to appreciate - and the beauty of that Divine loveletter took over, instead.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God... 
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen His glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth... 
And from His fullness we have all received, grace upon grace.
John 1:1, 14, 16


This post is day 27 in my 31 Days series, 31 Days of Everyday Beautiful - for an introduction and more posts, head here.

No comments: