Friday, September 23, 2016

Five...

Five Things I Do With My Kids That I Would Have Also Done By Myself:


1. Crystal painting (as much epsom salt as you can dissolve in a bit of boiling water, and you can stick the pages in the oven on 200* if you want to speed the drying/crystallizing process)


2. Parallel parking down town in order to go see the Budweiser Clydesdales. Brooklyn asked to go, and stayed as long as I'd let her - but going was in no way a sacrifice for me. Beautiful, giant horses? I'm in!


3. Wear fun shoes (I've wanted sneakers like these for years - not sure why I waited until she got some... but this way we're twinkie toes!)


4. Weekly treats from local businesses - "well, I guess we're just not going to get ice cream, then," is never going to be a punishment for them because I want some too!


5. Being outside, collecting leaves, doodling in the dirt, and building tiny cairns with found pebbles.

It's Five Minute Friday! Each week a flashmob of bloggers gather, internet wide, to write for five minutes (no stopping, no editing) on a prompt provided by sweet Kate, then link up and share a little comment love. For more info, more posts, and/or to join in, head here!

3 comments:

Lauren Sisley said...

It looks like a wonderful week with the kiddos! I'm a huge fan of festivals and hometown pride so I loved the way you indulged in the things yours had to offer. I'm visiting from FMF...it was so great to visit :)

Tara Ulrich said...

Love this! Especially the fun shoes. I'm in the 37 spot this week.

Andrew said...

Great essay, Sarah.

Our driveway is gravel, and intermixed with the plain ol' rock are pink and peach quartz. So I pick them up, and am slowly assembling a small cairn that has a strawberry-banana colour scheme.

#1 at FMF this week.

http://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2016/09/your-dying-spouse-210-five-horrible.html