Tuesday, September 27, 2016

52 Lists: favorite things about fall

For me, the best place for a fresh start or to begin a new project is on my birthday - the beginning of my year. So the year I was 21, I did a photo a day project (that ended up including an internship in Cleveland, meeting/dating my now-husband Adam, and going to New York to work for Vogue Knitting - so I'm retrospectively glad that I committed to documenting that particular year!), and the year I was 24, I knitted the sky (one row on a scarf each day in the color of the sky). So for 27, I'm doing lists. I'm going to roughly follow along with the book The 52 Lists Project.


A list of all of my favorite things about fall


1. Crisp mornings
2. Cool evenings
3. The perfect balance between the chill of the breeze and the warmth of the sun
4. Knitting things - and then wearing them
5. Boots
6. Jackets
7. Scarves
8. Hats
9. Layers
10. Hiking
11. Camping
12. Being able to open the windows
13. Migratory birds and butterflies that we might not usually have here
14. Hot tea
15. The way the sky turns that only-in-autumn shade of blue
16. Meetings and studies resuming, after a break for summer
17. Fewer people at the zoo/park/library (at least, on weekdays)
18. Darker mornings (sleeping in)
19. Darker evenings (sharing time indoors)
20. Cozy blankets
21. Hot soup
22. Campfires
23. The way all the green leaves turn different colors
24. Fewer bugs
25. and everything else...

No comments: