Thursday, July 28, 2016

In Circles

The marker indicating the highest point in the state of Arkansas (a grand half mile above sea level, but I'll take what I can get in the rice fields). Adam and I (and Tobin) attended a military marriage retreat at Mount Magazine last weekend, and hiked to the top during the "date night" session.


Happy mail from my Fair Trade Friday subscriptions - I wore some earrings (not these) to the retreat and may have sold someone there a subscription. It's so fun to get a surprise package every month - and even better knowing that it benefits women all over the world!

All of the driving there and back gave me plenty of knitting time - I started this blanket with scrap yarn six years ago and I've been slowly adding to it since. Now it's completed, almost 6 feet across, and everything I hoped it would be when I started it.

With the blanket off my conscience, I happily tackled a commissioned creative project - painting/handlettering a sign. This is exactly the sort of thing that I would love to do more often, but recognize that I would quickly run out of space for my finished pieces, so I don't. Grateful to Micaiah for thinking of me!

Tobin has been displaying his creativity, as well - he built a fake air freshener out of Legos to replace the actual one, which he desperately wants to play with but isn't allowed. While I was impressed (and simultaneously disturbed) by his genius, I still confiscated his prize when I spotted him with it.

Look at him, sittin' there all innocent, eating his cookie and trying to decide if he likes chocolate chips or not...

No comments: