Thursday, June 30, 2016

Invite and Encourage

Tea station - designed to make you feel like you're in a cafe, but also that you can help yourself if you like. I'm still looking for a cute tea timer that works (why does it seem like all the cute ticky ones are broken, at the store?)

We got to host an out-of-town friend, her husband, and their two littles overnight - it was great fun for us, and I hope for them! It's great having a door between the living room and the bedrooms, since it creates a little more privacy for someone sleeping on the fold-out couch.

I've been enjoying this round of #fmfpartysnailmail - putting together lists, sending letters, stalking the mailbox for letters in return (if you missed out on this round of "encouragement in your mailbox," email fmfpartysnailmail@gmail.com and I'll put you on the list to notify of future rounds). I love that there are so many different postage stamps!

We made bubble prints one day last week (a squirt of dish soap, a splash of water, and a squirt of food coloring in a glass - blow with a straw until the bubbles come over the edge of the glass, then press a piece of cardstock onto it). Tobin dunked his so they came out very colorful, and Brooklyn would only do one color on each. I practiced lettering on a few of them, and I've been sticking them in my snail mail notes.

Refilling so I can continue to encourage others. I'm loving the 52 Lists Project - it gives me something to think about, and a framework in which to think it.

No comments: