Tuesday, June 21, 2016

52 Lists Project: things that make you feel healthy {mind, body, and soul}

For me, the best place for a fresh start or to begin a new project is on my birthday - the beginning of my year. So the year I was 21, I did a photo a day project (that ended up including an internship in Cleveland, meeting/dating my now-husband Adam, and going to New York to work for Vogue Knitting - so I'm retrospectively glad that I committed to documenting that particular year!), and the year I was 24, I knitted the sky (one row on a scarf each day in the color of the sky). So for 27, I'm doing lists. I'm going to roughly follow along with the book The 52 Lists Project, and this week's list is the perfect place to start...

A list of things that make me feel healthy - mind, body, and soul:


1. Knitting - everything about knitting
2. Going for a walk outside (the sights and the sounds and the smells and way my thoughts fall into a quiet rhythm with my steps...)
3. Prayer
4. When I actually have a quiet time every day for several days in a row


5. Adventures (we chose to take the train downtown rather than driving to the aquarium on our trip to Dallas last week, and I grinned like a small child on their birthday the entire time)
6. Talking through new ideas with someone I love
7. Yoga
8. Singing around the house


9. Solitude and cup of tea
10. Learning new things
11. Saying no when I'm getting overwhelmed
12. Saying yes to good things, even when they're scary

No comments: