Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Quietly

carrying an aqua yoyo I bought her from a vendor at Handmade in the Heights

The words have not been coming, of late - at least, not the blogging kind of words. There have been conversations... late at night, on mini road trips, through crowds and over meals and between tiny Interruptions...


And I have been faithfully keeping up with #30DaysOfBibleLettering each day - and have been rewarded with noticeable improvement in my chalk lettering (especially my cursive, which I never excelled at). I'm hoping to write on the sidewalk at the new house, and if passersby are going to be able to see it, I'd like it to look decent.

a screen-free hour at Mugs - delightful!

I've also journaled some, mostly ideas and prayer strategies for the house, as well as keeping up with my daily list of gifts.


My favorite language, knitting, has brought forth another pattern: Rush, a collaboration with Ewe Ewe Yarns, and there's another design on my needles right now that's almost finished.


We're on the brink of big change - excitement is slowly growing inside me, and I'm sure it will burst out soon in a torrent of words, but for now I'm enjoying the stillness.

Gifts...
2612. Sitting on the balcony, watching it rain and praying through the alphabet (at 4am, when I couldn't sleep)
2613. Remembering everything we needed at the grocery store even though I'd forgotten the list
2614. Nighttime thunderstorms
2615. Sitting up late and talking with Adam
2616. The tiny fairy circle of potted yard that Mum gave me
2617. Brooklyn propping Adam's workout mat up to make a tunnel for her and Tobin to crawl through
2618. A short day (everyone slept in)
2619. Driving to a food truck rally in Bryant, all-four-together
2620. Tobin learning new words
2621. Meeting Cathy at a new park
2622. Brooklyn happily exploring a creek
2623. Tobin deciding that maybe astroturf was okay, after all, and running around
2624. Popcicles to cool down after enjoying a street fair, all-four-together
2625. A screen-free hour of solitary writing at Mugs
2626. Brooklyn's delight over an "aqua yoyo" (I have fond memories of them, myself)
2627. Tobin sleeping through the night
2628. Time to take a shower before church, since Brooklyn woke up early
2629. A meaningful worship service
2630. Stashed ready-to-bake cookies
2631. A jammy day
2632. Tobin's fever being gone when he woke up (teething is rough)

No comments: