Thursday, February 25, 2016

Morning...


I am not a morning person. I'm blessed with Littles who sleep until 8 or 9 on a regular basis, and I happily sleep with them. On the days that they wake up earlier, I can barely make it until dinnertime before I collapse on the nearest piece of soft furniture in exhaustion. I tend to save my quiet time for the only time of day that's actually quiet, in the evenings after everyone else has already gone to bed. Perhaps it's because I'm an introvert, but my mind seems to be clearer in the relative calm of night.

The literal darkness wraps around me like a warm, comforting blanket - the figurative darkness, however, is something I could do without. The mental fog that seeps in uninvited, making words hard to understand and sentences difficult to form, dulling my memory and slowing my reaction time. The sense of purposelessness and lostness that washes everything with a dismal grey tinge, as I struggle to engage, to interact, to care. A darkness of spirit that transcends the day outside.

Thankfully, for every night there is a morning. The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. "The Lord is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in Him." {Lamentations 3:22-24} When I'm struggling to hold onto hope, He holds onto me - a glorious morning that rises over a stubbornly shadowed valley, turning every shattered fragment into a prismed promise and lighting every crevice with grace and love.

It's Five Minute Friday! Each week a flashmob of bloggers gather, internet-wide, to write for five minutes (no stopping, no editing) on a prompt provided by sweet Kate, then link up and share a little comment love. For more info, more posts, and/or to join in, head here!

3 comments:

Chara said...

I love this "When I'm struggling to hold onto hope, He holds onto me." There is such rest in that. A lot of good stuff in there for a five-minute sprint. Visiting from #FMFparty

Andrew said...

Love the post and Scripture.

I have a 'little', Bella the Miracle Dog, who likes to get up at 0500. IO can't send her out; she has a broken back, and needs help.

Her spine is broken and displaced, but the spinal cord is intact, and she can proudly stand.

Looks kind of like Toto.

#2 at FMF, I think.

http://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2016/02/your-dying-spouse-123-meanings.html

Lynette said...

I love those verses. They are one of my mantras right now...as I face hard stuff I cling to this. I am definitely an introvert, too, so my alone time in the mornings are my favorite. I get the most done before noon...even do all my errands before then. My hubby says I act as though ai will melt if I'm not back in my house before noon every day. :-)

Lynette
~#79 this wk