Friday, January 15, 2016

Time...


Time. Winter is one of my favorite seasons, because it extends my favorite kind of time - the long evenings of blankets and tea and books and games and conversations that warm my introverted soul. I'm ready enough for the light when it comes, but I can also relish the dim glow of coals and candles.

Or, at least, I could. However, I am currently in a life-season of spring-going-into-summer (everything is growing, everything is in need of figurative painting and patching and weeding and watering, but I haven't really gotten to a harvest yet and it's certainly too buggy and muggy to even consider an evening walk) which isn't particularly compatible with my vision of a quiet winter's night in.

Spending my days with two-under-three in a second floor apartment does often mean that my beloved walls of time are broken down like individual Lego bricks - a chapter here, a row there, a sip as I walk by the table - but all the little pieces add up to a pretty picture in the end. I've just traded an 8 piece puzzle for 500 piece puzzle - and I know that as time moves on, it will also change. So until I circle back around to afternoons filled with reading and evenings filled with quiet, I'll just have to use the moments as best I can, embracing the time I've been given in whatever form it takes.

It's Five Minute Friday! A weekly flashmob of bloggers that gather, internet-wide, to write for five minutes (no stopping, no editing!) on a prompt provided by sweet Kate, then link up and share a little comment love! For more info, more posts, and/or to join in, head here!

2 comments:

Tara Ulrich said...

I love this time for the time curled up reading etc too. I'm in the #11 spot this week.

Bethany said...

I like your acceptance of the moments of time you have now as you look ahead to longer chunks of time in the future. Reminds me of something I read recently from the book Simply Tuesday: "May we release our tight-hold on 'what could be' and be willing to sit on a bench in our front yard in the mist of 'what is.'" (My post follows yours on the link up this week)