Thursday, November 5, 2015

Dance...


It's the season of dancing leaves, twirling madly from branch to earth, fluttering across my path and gathering in graceful, crunching heaps against every rise in the ground. Flame and ember, vermilion and gold - the vibrant colors and crisp air light a fire inside that make me want to dance with them.

It's the season for introverts, inviting me to long walks outdoors and mugs of hot tea on the balcony, with evenings filled with cozy blankets and soft knitting projects and book-worlds to get lost in. As the hemisphere dies vibrantly around me, I come inexplicably to life.

It's the season of hope, knowing that the trees are only sleeping through the bitter winter, that if they kept their green leaves they would truly die - and marveling at a Creator who instilled such a knowledge in them, that they will sacrifice their leaves in order to grow new ones in the spring, a resurrection metaphor.

And it's the season for gratitude, for giving thanks before we begin giving gifts, and preparing our hearts for a season of waiting for the celebration of God-with-us. A time to pray alone and to gather with friends and family, affirming that all is a gift, whether we would name it as such at first glance or not - for in growth and life, in fading and death, in brilliance and shadow, in all things He can be glorified.

It's Five Minute Friday - a weekly flashmob of bloggers, internet wide, that gather to write for five minutes (no stopping, no editing) on a prompt provided by sweet Kate, then link up and share a little comment love. For more posts, more info, and/or to join in, head here!

8 comments:

Mary Geisen said...

Beautiful words tonight. I don't always feel like Fall is a season of hope but it really is. Hope leads us to God and He leads us in the dance of our lives. Blessings!

Miranda said...

Beautiful! I wish we experienced fall in Southeast Texas but today it was 75-80 degrees and I still wore flip flops. The leaves are barely turning.

Tara Ulrich said...

I love this. The dancing leaves...gorgeous. Oh my introvert side so agrees with your words. I chose to stay in tonight rather than go out. I'm parked over in the #6 spot.

blestbutstrest said...

Ah, I've never thought of fall being the season for introverts, but I think you're on to something there! It takes that season of long, crunchy walks and quiet time on the deck with hot tea (or decaf coffee ;)), to get me ready for the season of extroverts, um, I mean Thanksgiving and Christmas!

Andrew said...

I never thought of the leaves dancing as they fall. What a lovely image! Thank you for this gift!

#1 at FMF this week...

http://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2015/11/your-dying-spouse-79-dancing-with-jesus.html

RambleSAHM W. said...

It's the season of introverts . . . yes! yes! yes!

Loved reading your words and reveling in the feelings they stirred.

Have a great weekend!

Deborah Will said...

Sarah from one little bit of an introvert to another I love this post. I love walks and leaves. I took my two grandsons on a walk this week and sit on the porch two days watching leaves fall.

Melanie said...

Beautiful words. Inviting. "A season for introverts" I love that and all the emotions that come as I read your words.
Happy Friday