Monday, October 12, 2015

Sampling

This is day 12 in my 31 Days series on sustainable dwelling. For an introduction and more posts, head here!


So much to explore - and to taste! Tobin's finally decided that food is something he's interested in (perhaps it was the bit of Brooklyn's cookie that I offered him...) Not that that's stopped him sampling every non-food item he comes across.


I got to introduce Brooklyn to a new food last week - we stopped in the Green Corner Store for a couple of reusable straws, and took advantage of their vegan-friendly soda fountain to share a scoop of lemon sorbet. Because of her dairy allergy, she hasn't had ice cream, so she was intrigued (and delighted) by the cold tart stuff.


There's been a delicious mix of cool and warm weather. Some days perfect for trying sorbet, and others for evening walks as a family. We've been trying to make the most of every day, whatever weather it brings.


There are still plenty of ordinary tasks to fill in between the adventures. Tobin was beyond thrilled to go grocery shopping just-us-two on Saturday while Adam and Brooklyn ran a work-related errand. He's such a sweet, snuggly, social little guy - and he's always being outrun by his older sister. I read him a book a few days ago - he turned the pages for me very nicely, and I realized that I hadn't ever read just him a book. Poor baby!


There's the State Fair to look forward to this week - and for the cooling nights, I've discovered that the library system can send an item from any location to any location, so we can watch Sherlock without actually having to go to the main branch. I've half-memorized the books and Adam's only experience is the Robert Downey Jr incarnation, so this should be interesting for both of us!


Just everyday, ordinary comings and goings - but I'm trying to be intentional in even the small decisions.

No comments: