Monday, September 28, 2015

In Short


Having mastered Sitting, Tobin is now working on his Climbing and Standing. Watching him makes me wonder if he has a mental goals list that he's checking off the steps of - ultimately leading, I suspect, to Walking.


He's so desperate to People with the rest of us. He watches Brooklyn and tries his best to imitate her - sometimes successfully, sometimes comically, and sometimes traumatically (for him, if it results in a bumped head, or for her, if he does manage to get ahold of something she thinks he shouldn't).



Adam was out of town for the weekend, so I hunted down a local pumpkin patch for we three to go to. It turned out that there's a lovely one just south of Little Rock that's also a Christmas tree farm. We fed goats and patted a donkey, they raced adorable little pigs, we trekked out to the pumpkin patch and chose a pumpkin (by hug - apparently, that's Brooklyn's parameter) and hauled it back in a wagon. It was a glorious day for it (yay, Fall!) and now we say "good morning!" to the pumpkin on the balcony every day after breakfast.

I'm going to leave it intact - I'm not good enough at carving to attempt anything fancy, and it'll last longer this way. I did get a little bitty one that I'm planning on Zentangling - pics may or may not follow!


I love sharing my favorite traditions with my two littles, and creating new ones (I don't think I've been to a pumpkin patch since I was Brooklyn's age...) Hopefully next month can involve more parks and walks and maybe a little zoo-ing!

No comments: