Wednesday, September 30, 2015

31 Days of Sustainable Dwelling


Sustainable: able to be used without being completely used up or destroyed; involving methods that do not completely destroy or use up natural resources; able to last or continue for a long time.
Dwelling: [noun] a shelter in which people may live; [verb] to remain for a time; to keep the attention directed; to speak or write insistently.

Tomorrow is October first, which means that it's time for the Write 31 Days challenge - to choose a topic and post about it every. single. day. for the month of October. Last year I did a mini-version of Jen Hatmaker's book 7 - this year I'm combining a few things that are near and dear to my heart: global fair trade and supporting local businesses (I believe that those two points are related). Coincidentally, it's also Fair Trade Awareness Month, which I did not know when I chose my topic.

So I hope you'll join me for a month of fair trade fashion and local love, of exploring new horizons and learning to see familiar places with new eyes. I'll be combining journal-entries with ideas for fair trade/local living, wherever you may be. It's going to be a grand adventure!

I'll update this post each day with the link to all of the posts as I write them, to make it easier to find them. :)

23. Joy...
27. Sharing
30. Retreat

1 comment:

Monica Fastenau said...

I'm really looking forward to this series!