Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Women in the Word


Across from the couch in the corner of our living room by our back door, I have a desk. I put it there last summer, when I was emptying out our third bedroom for Tobin, but while I was redoing the rest of the room, I decided to tackle that area, too. I already had the "I may be a schemer, but I'm not the only one" print --- Be Still I bought from a girl at our church who's fundraising for a mission trip, and the other print is for She Reads Truth's current study (Women in the Word).

Since I do most of my writing at my desk, I felt like those were good reminders to have nearby (and definitely aligned with my whitespace prompt) - especially be still. How many online altercations could be averted if everyone would be still for a few moments before responding?


Another reminder that I love is the little framed map of Brooklyn that the girls in my community group gave me when I left at the end of the summer. They were (and are) such a beautifully supportive crew - sweetly encouraging, living their faith outloud in a way that spilled over into every interaction, not just the "Christian" ones, and an excellent example of community, accountability, and friendship done properly. 


When She Reads Truth announced their new series, those ladies were the ones that came to mind as being women in the Word. The more I read and study and pray and journal and spend time around believers, the more convinced I become that we often try to make it harder than it needs to be. Love God - love your neighbor - and let that love infuse everything that you do, acting as a filter for every interaction and perception.



Write with love. Take pictures with love. Create art with love. Travel with love. Answer emails with love. Fold clothes with love. Commute with love. Study with love. Look after Littles with love. Cook with love. Go grocery shopping with love. Clean with love. Worship with love. Serve with love. Live with... well, you get the idea.

I love these memory verse cards! They also correspond to weekly lock screen images, so you can keep the verse in front of you, wherever you are.

We are what we immerse ourselves in. So if I want to be a beautiful dwelling (and dwell beautifully) then I need to focus on the beauty around me, and strive to fill myself with beauty as well. And is anything more beautiful than constant reminders of the Creator of beauty Himself?


Beautiful dwelling is being in the Word so deeply that your own words (and actions) come from a place of love and grace.

No comments: