Monday, March 23, 2015

Spontaneity



Tiny T had his 2 month check up (a month late) on Thursday, and weighed in at 11 pounds 5 ounces - not so tiny anymore!


He can roll from his tummy to his back, and he's starting to hold things - a finger, a blanket, his knees - but hasn't reached the grabbing stage yet. Not that he really has a need to reach for anything - Brooklyn is more than delighted to shove toys into his little hands.


Brooklyn is growing more helpful and participative by the day (ok, she wasn't much help with assembling a new double stroller, but at least she would bring the instructions back when asked). Putting the papers in the tin whenever I make muffins is now her especial task, and she's very sweet to bring diapers and burp cloths when I've got my hands full with Tobin, and to put his toe-blanket back on when he kicks it off in his carseat while I'm getting ready to go.




We went on a spontaneous adventure to Dallas on Friday - Adam had a long weekend, so we went for a drive that ended up being an overnight stay. Adam had never been to Dallas, which was fun, and Brooklyn and Tobin were very brave.


We stayed with my Uncle and Aunt and cousins that live there, and hung out with them until Saturday afternoon, when we headed home. It was really nice getting to see them (we usually meet up at Christmas, but we missed last year because we were home with Tobin), and they exemplified hospitality in a sweet way.



I got some knitting done on the road that I wouldn't otherwise have, and we had a nice two days doing something completely unplanned, as a family.


We three will be staying home for the next few days (hopefully not more), since Adam's having the air conditioning in his truck looked at (if the truck isn't moving, it blows hot air - not good) and taking my car to work (it's such a blessing to have two working vehicles!) Hopefully I can finish the sewing project I started last week - the spots and stains on our white chair seats were on my nerves, so I ad-libbed a removeable washable cover (two squares of cotton duck sewn together, with a couple lengths of ribbon by which to tie it to the chair) and since the first one worked I got fabric to make a matching one for the other chair.


We went for a walk at the park today, before settling in to read all the books and play with all the toys, and find new things to poke a handful of pompoms into. Hopefully all of the going over the weekend will make the staying in (it's spring break here, so all of our weeknight activities are off) more restful than stressful.

No comments: