Thursday, January 29, 2015

Wait...

It's Five Minute Friday! Each week, a flashmob of bloggers internet-wide gathers to write for five minutes (no stopping, no editing!) on a prompt provided by sweet Kate, then links up and shares a little comment love. For more posts, more info, and/or to join in, head here!

"Wait. Don't move. I think I heard something..."

Some kinds of waiting I like - the delightful anticipation of a letter or package's arrival, the excitement preceding a special occasion, that sort of thing. Every nerve alight and straining toward the hoped-for point.

And then there's the other kind of waiting... the tortuous sluggishness of Time as I trudge through a darkened valley (as contrasted with the flight of a sunny and joyous afternoon) and the numbing fog that blurs the memory of hope (can you tell we're in the "sleepless newborn stage" at the moment?)

But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. [Isaiah 40:31] And that's a promise I'm holding onto, even when my grip on hope slips a little.

7 comments:

Jen Daugherty said...

That verse was SO what I needed tonight. Because even though this period of waiting has been tremendously "growthful", as I'll say...it's been hard. But it's all for His good, in His good time. And for my good.

Marie Gregg said...

"...that's a promise I'm holding onto, even when my grip on hope slips a little."

Amen! Such a good word.

Karrilee Aggett said...

Amen Sister... and can we just talk a moment about that photo!? OH MY GOODNESS... so adorable!

iwillbloom said...

Love how you contrast the two types of waiting, the agony and the ecstasy!

Jamie G said...

Run with out growing weary! Love this verse - AMEN and keep cherishing this time when they're little it goes by so fast.

Amy said...

Love that verse. So needed to read it just now, so thank you. <3 :)

blestbutstrest said...

That's one of my favorite verses from one of my favorite chapters--especially the part about God gently leading those that have young ones. May you ever feel his leading (even through the sleepless nights!)