Thursday, August 21, 2014

Fly and Crawl

The weekly reckoning...
773. Gluten free instant oatmeal - Brooklyn loves it!
774. Sitting and knitting and watching a movie - not something I do often
775. Getting Sprout's room as organized as it can get for this phase
776. That Brooklyn slept through the night
777. Happening to have the ingredients for a single serving of alfredo penne
778. The batteries I needed, on sale (almost half off!)
779. Brooklyn waking up with the firm belief that life is a magical adventure
780. Making it home from church (via the grocery store) before the storm hit
781. Spending the afternoon reading - and finishing my book in a bath after Brooklyn was asleep
782. Praying because I was out of meal ideas - and being given one, for which all necessary ingredients turned out to be on sale
783. Two handwritten letters to reply to
784. That Brooklyn's favorite part of pasta is the tomato chunks in the sauce
785. Talking to Adam in the middle of the day - he had a break between classes and used it to call (also, next Tuesday he'll be home!)
786. Finishing emptying my dresser - one task away from being ready to move furniture!
787. If : Equip - beginning Galatians!
788. Broken gluten-free piecrust and sale organic blackberries - sounds like shortcake to me!
789. Drive-up donating at Goodwill - it is so nice to not have to get Brooklyn out of the carseat and then try to carry her and things
790. Visible progress on my knitting project (two miles of yarn on small needles goes rather slowly...)
791. Adam praying for me via text
792. Non-fancy furniture - I can just wipe everything down with a wet cloth to clean it, no smelly chemical cleaners required!


793. That time moves on, even when it doesn't feel like it is

The first week that Adam was gone seemed to pass fairly quickly (sleep deprivation and all). We were here, we were in Fayetteville, we were back home - all the days were different and nothing was routine.

The second week he was gone I was energized and productive - moving furniture, organizing, reading books, planning a topic for that write-a-post-a-day-for-a-month thing that some people do in October. There was order and organization and it was beautiful.

This is the third week that he's been gone. Time's passage this week has felt more like a slow decay than flight - like our wall clock that's been stopped on 8:45 for over a month because I haven't gotten new batteries for it yet. I'm out of noticeable-progress projects to do, and my lovely system of keeping the kitchen clean has fallen to bits (along with the plate I broke). I've keeping things tidy-ish and spending my evenings knitting and watching Jane Austen movies. I am thoroughly ready to have him home (4 days and a wake-up... 4 days and a wake-up!)

But no matter how slowly the minutes seem to tick by, each dawn faithfully breaks and each dusk faithfully falls. Sleep comes, and day returns, and God is faithful.

While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night, shall not cease.
[Genesis 8:22]


The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness! The Lord is my portion, says my soul, therefore I will trust in Him.
[Lamentations 3:22-24]

Won't you join us in counting (and recounting!) His mercies anew? Just grab a journal or notebook (it doesn't have to be fancy) and a pen and write them down, then join us each week to encourage each other by sharing all of the blessings we've spotted. Catch up on everyone's posts and if you don't have a blog, feel free to participate by commenting, instead!

Check out these #NewEveryMorning hosts, as well, and don't forget to use the hashtag on Twitter so that we can find each other:
   Kayla [at] Renown and Crowned
   Kelsey [at] Faith Fun and the Fergusons

No comments: