Friday, June 6, 2014

Hands...

It's Five Minute Friday! An internet-wide flashmob of bloggers, writing for five minutes flat (no stopping, no editing!) on a prompt provided by the lovely Lisa-Jo, then linking up and sharing a little comment love. Head over here for more details, more posts, and to join in!


There's a hand I always reach for - when I'm walking and want to share the adventure, when I feel alone and need comfort, when I'm afraid and need a tether, when something is just too beautiful to express in words and just needs to be conveyed with a squeeze - and I'm comforted in knowing that when I reach for a hand, that hand will reach back. 


Those hands are strong - keeping me steady when I stumble over a root on a hiking trip, and holding me together when it feels like everything is falling apart. They're skilled - building, working, creating (ok, it's not entirely fair that I used a pic of him knitting because that is the only time he's done it, but I didn't have a good one of him cooking or building something...) And they're gentle - carefully brushing away a tear or tucking a wildflower into my hair.


I'm not the only one who lays claim to those hands - there are smaller ones that insist on help with clapping, walking, holding things... and the heart behind them is big enough for both of us. That heart brought about a left hand bears a ring that tells the world he's mine - and I'm so glad that he is! {Love you, Bear!}

Sorry, got a little sappy there - won't you join us for five minutes of writing, though?
[Join the conversation on Facebook]

4 comments:

Debbie G said...

Hey there! Just stopping by from FMF. I enjoyed reading your post.:) Holding my hubby's hand can mean so many different things, too. We've been married for 38 years and I still love holding his hand. Dang! I should have written about that. Oh well. Anyways, I truly did love your take on our prompt this week.

annette @ A Net In Time said...

isn't it great to have another pair of hands? hands you can depend on? you portrayed your "second" hands very well. :)

Karrilee Aggett said...

Beautiful!!!

Lana said...

Stopping by from FMF. This is my first one, and I've been reading some beautiful posts! Love how you wrote about your husband's hands. Have a great weekend!