Thursday, June 5, 2014

A Prayer

The weekly reckoning...
542. Quiet alone time (with coffee!) to get some blogging done
543. Watching Brooklyn experiment in order to create a perfect percussion instrument out of mixing bowls
544. and her simple delight at a large toy blueberry
545. An encouraging #fmfparty and an inspiring prompt
546. Gluten free pizza from US Pizza
547. and the way that Brooklyn charmed everyone while we were waiting by giving me kisses and smiling
548. Finally being able to photoshoot my current design - Adam took some amazing pictures, and Brooklyn modeled adorably!
549. A long drive - we both needed the time together after a rough night/morning
550. That Brooklyn likes vanilla extract (tired mama is willing to try crazy internet remedies, as long as they don't sound harmful!)
551. After over a month not, going to church all together as a family
552. An adventure to Conway in quest of a Dairy Queen, for spontaneous blizzards
553. Brooklyn deciding, quite of her own accord, that she only needs to nurse every 3-4 hours, instead of every 2
554. The panini press Dad gave us that we'd never used - I'm usin' it now!
555. An evening walk with Adam and Brooklyn
556. and an afterdinner adventure all together to Whole Foods for forgotten groceries
557. Finding the perfect chair for practicing peace on our balcony - pretty, reasonably comfortable, and within my budget!
558. The Brooklyn has mastered drinking out of a sippy cup - and the the way she gets super excited about water
559. Meeting Adam for lunch - especially since he ended up working way late
560. Spotting an anxious doe coming to retrieve her fawn from where she'd hidden it in the empty lot behind our building
561. Ordering a birthday cake from Dempsey Bakery - it's so nice to have one that everyone can enjoy!
562. Sitting on the balcony and catching up on If:Equip studies while the sun set and the sky faded


The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases Father God, you are Love. You define it, you offer it freely, and you are the source of any remnants of it that my selfish being doesn't instantly squash. I have been lacking in love lately - impatient and snappish. Forgive me, please, and I thank you for your gentle unceasing reminders that when I'm running low I should return to the source: you.
His mercies never come to an end You are everlasting. Not only everlasting, but you also never change your mind, and always keep your promises. I can't make it an entire day without doing something I said I wouldn't, or not doing something I said I would. Thank you for standing by your words, and your Word, even when I regret mine the moment they're uttered aloud sometimes. And thank you for the written record of your promises, so that when I forget I can go back and be reminded afresh.
they are new every morning Created in your image, you have also granted me an imagination. Which I primarily misuse to envision the catastrophes that will happen to me because I don't know everything and am armed with just enough knowledge to use it unwisely. But you know everything - and your imagination far surpasses mine! The natural wonders and variety that you have already created, the marvels that are yet to be, and every harmonious note of the Song that you've been singing since the dawn of Time - planned and executed with a perfection that only you can attain. Nothing ever happens the same way twice, and I am consistently blown away not only by your provision, but the manner in which you choose to provide. great is your faithfulness!
The Lord is my portion, says my soul, therefore I will trust in Him. Father, I confess - this has not been my thought of late. I have allowed myself to become exhausted and overwhelmed, and lashed out against you instead of running into the shelter of your arms, sitting at your feet, resting in your presence... I come now, humbled and weary, admitting my weakness, my inability to sustain myself and my continued rebellion in trying anyway - and I ask that you will renew me, refill me, remind me, and reform me into a pliant vessel full of glory-holes, leaking your goodness onto all I come into contact with. In the name of your Son, by whose sacrifice I am able to come before you, I pray - Amen.
[Lamentations 3:22-24]
_______________

Won't you join us in counting (and recounting!) His mercies anew? Just grab a journal or notebook (it doesn't have to be fancy) and a pen and write them down, then join us each week to encourage each other by sharing all of the blessings we've spotted. Catch up on everyone's posts and if you don't have a blog, feel free to participate by commenting, instead! (For more information on praying through Scripture, Don Whitney has some wonderful resources.)

Check out these #NewEveryMorning hosts, as well, and don't forget to use the hashtag on Twitter so that we can find each other:
   Kayla [at] Renown and Crowned
   Kelsey [at] Faith Fun and the Fergusons

Do you ever notice a trend in the gifts that you write down - like you're especially attuned to one particular aspect of God's grace, even if you hadn't consciously done it?

No comments: