Thursday, June 12, 2014

A Picture Worth 1000 Gifts

The weekly reckoning...
563. Fedoras for the days when my hair needs washed but Brooklyn isn't interested in napping
564. Adam shooing me out of the apartment after she was in bed to go write and drink coffee
565. and then wanting to sit on the couch and talk once I got back
566. Brooklyn only eating one corner off of her Goodnight, Gorilla board book before I caught her
567. The most extraordinary thunder I've ever heard
568. and the storm ending in time for us to run to the grocery store
569. Finding a Father's Day card that I bought at Shindig Paperie last year - I was sad because I won't be in Fayetteville before then, and neither of the paper shops here do specialized holiday cards
570. Finishing the quilt block I was piecing at the kitchen table before Brooklyn noticed what I was doing and came over to play with the foot pedal
571. That she didn't choke on the pull-string for the blinds while I was trapped on the balcony by a large striped stinging insect, watching her through the glass but afraid to open the door in case it got in and stung her
572. Turning in my quilt block and getting two more to do!
573. Discovering that my sewing machine wasn't actually broken - it just wasn't sewing because the needle had come unthreaded, but since the thread was still wrapped around the needle I didn't notice
574. A beautiful rainbow and spotting the little fawn again
575. Brooklyn finding my mediocre juggling skills quite hilarious
576. Books that can be mailed
577. and a thoughtful mother-in-law who found something that both Brooklyn and I think is pretty awesome!
578. The way that Brooklyn always waves good-morning to the fox picture over her bed
579. and that she chose the girl at the bakery as her first human waving target (she dropped what she was doing to smile and wave back :)
580. A midweek dinner date adventure with Adam - we haven't had an good adventure of any sort in awhile!
581. Getting the apartment mostly ready for company, several days in advance (I'll probably have to redo most of it, but still...)
582. Not knocking myself out when I hit my head on the freezer door (even if I did have to sit down for a few minutes)
583. Brooklyn's adorable determination to come and sit in my lap whenever I'm at the kitchen table
584. Outdoor seating so that I can get fresh air and some blogging done


She really deserves her own separate list...
_______________



The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness! The Lord is my portion, says my soul, therefore I will trust in Him.
[Lamentations 3:22-24]

Won't you join us in counting (and recounting!) His mercies anew? Just grab a journal or notebook (it doesn't have to be fancy) and a pen and write them down, then join us each week to encourage each other by sharing all of the blessings we've spotted. Catch up on everyone's posts and if you don't have a blog, feel free to participate by commenting, instead!

Check out these #NewEveryMorning hosts, as well, and don't forget to use the hashtag on Twitter so that we can find each other:
   Kayla [at] Renown and Crowned
   Kelsey [at] Faith Fun and the Fergusons

What gifts have you found this week?

No comments: