Monday, November 25, 2013

Hibernation

Cold dank days make me want to curl up in front of a space heater with a cup of hot vanilla and pretend that nothing exists outside of the warm little cave that I've created.


So, that's what we did. (It's such a blessing to have an opportunity to spend a day doing whatever we'd like!) Brooklyn had her breakfast of rice, and I had the last slice of gluten free/dairy free banana bread that Carolyn sweetly baked - and then she and I spent the rest of the day holed up in Brooklyn's room (where the space heater is).


Progress was made on the Christmas knitting - just a few more inches to go, and this project goes oddly fast (for being 140 stitches around). Then I have a couple of smaller projects, which should go even more quickly!


And since I had knitting on the brain, I did a little sketching for a possible design. Think "frost-touched fallen leaves." I'm still trying to decide if that concept would look better in a leafy golden-brown, or in an icy blue-grey.

I also took pictures of Brooklyn, since we were both laying on the floor and I had the camera and all...







...lots and lots of pictures. She just kept being cute! I couldn't help it. And most of the pics I have of her are slightly grainy iPhone photos, so I thought it might be nice to get some with Adam's camera.


Once her Taggie-bear, crinkly triangle, Sophie giraffe, and Oball ceased to be entertaining (Sophie actually became offensive), we read some of her books --- which put her to sleep,



...so I read some of mine, and journalled a bit. There was also an intermission in which Mum came by with cookies (and a couple of grocery items that I had asked for, since she offered and I wasn't leaving the house today) and I taught her how to play SkipBo, but the camera was in Brooklyn's room and she was asleep, so I didn't get any pictures of that. :)

So (not that you were probably wondering) that was how I chose to spend a chilly day. How about you - if you could do anything with a cold wintery day, what would it be?

No comments: