Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Wrapping Up


Just a few loose ends left over from 2012.


The Big Red Commission was finished in time, despite the fact that I realized halfway through that I'm mildly allergic to mohair (I already knew that, but had managed to forget because it doesn't usually affect me). It was still worth the knitting.


The mink gloves, complete. They were super-soft and exceedingly warm, and became a Christmas gift for my mother-in-love, who deserves to have warm, soft, mink gloves.


The first snow of the season was lovely - a perfect snowball snow. Not that I made any snowballs, since I was sick the day it snowed (and still am, for that matter... I really think that one's health should reset with the calendar), but it was beautiful.


There was just enough of the snow to be picturesque, but not enough to make the roads impassible. Adam and I had a date night dinner at Outback, since that's one of the few restaurants that we can still eat at. Thankfully, they have an awesome gf menu, and the servers (that night's, particularly) are very understanding.


Scrabble played a big part in our holiday season, both in our own home and at Adam's parents'. Needless to say, this was not a game that I won.


Lovely Molly at Grey Dog Boutique got her new storefront up and running, so I stopped by to say hi and snap a few pics. She's just across the street from the parking lot that her little Silverstream used to occupy, but in a darling and window-filled permanent space.


2012 was a year of adventures and lots of growth, laughter and tears (not all of them bad) - and I hope the same for this year! As far as resolutions go...
For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. -1 Corinthians 2:2 [NIV]

1 comment:

Sherron Hays said...

i am glad to know you.....happy new year all the year through. sherron