Sunday, September 2, 2012

Septimus

Ah, September! That begins to sound like Autumn, to me. I love fall... boots and jackets and layers and hats, the days become crisper and perfect for hiking and the nights become brisker and make you want to cuddle up with a blanket, a book and a mug of tea. Or maybe that's just me...


It's the month of Adam's birthday (and Bilbo Baggins, main character of my favorite book ;) They're both on the 22nd - although Adam's is, of course, more memorable and more important. Our anniversary is also (sort of) on the 30th. That's when the marriage license is dated, although our actual ceremony wasn't until October 1st.


I met all of my August knitting goals (in fact, I exceeded them, because I found an unpublished design buried deep within my computer) which was exciting.


I finished the Windward shawl for work. I was quite a bit short of yarn to finish it, but I bound off with what I had left and, personally, think the rolled edge it created rather pretty.


For this month's designs I have a tidy plan worked out, and hope to publish a pattern every weekend. Hopefully the chunky blue on the wooden needles will be the first one finished. I'm kind of excited about it... Actually, I'm excited about all of them. I had a couple of epiphanies that I think will translate well into string.


Following the blue bent I seem to be on, Mum and Dad's chickens have begun laying enough eggs for them to share with us. The browns are from little Dominic chickens, and the blues are from Aracanas. Farm fresh eggs are the best - partly because they are, and partly for psychological reasons, too. It's pretty - how could it not be good? I'm a very visual eater - make it look nice, and I'll eat it, even if the individual ingredients are not things I would ordinarily gravitate toward.


We spent the afternoon with them today (aren't they adorable?) playing games and looking at our Pontiac. Apollo has decided to start leaking fuel, and since my Dad's a mechanic we asked him to look at it. It appears that it will require surgery to fix, but thankfully we still have my car, which is running well (except that he growls when you put him in reverse and press the brake - but that's just the AC filter, and merely serves to give Bobby a bit of character), so if it's still not fixed by this weekend Adam will still have a way to get to Little Rock for Drill. God always provides!


All in all, I'm looking forward to a great month, no matter what happens. God is good, even when things don't go the way I plan them to - and I'm slowly learning that His plans are the best.

Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. ---Matthew 6:19-21

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

I love you writing, Sarah Jo!