Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Of Sea and Sun

First design of the month complete! Meet Ishmael, a pillow designed to be read with (I don't know about anyone else, but I like to have something soft to hold, hug and/or mangle while reading). Two of my favorite books happened to coordinate, and lent themselves as props.


Hopefully, this will be the next design up. It's called Kaona (Hawai'ian for "hidden meaning"). It's a fun knit so far - the yarn, Colinette Jitterbug in color Ithaca, is gorgeous!


There have been some extraordinary sunsets of late. I think the sunsets that follow hurricanes are the most beautiful - like a blaze of encouragement and hope to follow a disaster, a reminder that there is still an almighty God.



Setting suns also cast lovely shadows. When I picked Adam up at work last night, I parked in front of this (image is filtered through Kaona, which I was working on while I waited).


That was a good evening - once Adam got off, we sat on the deck and drank some awesome sodas (thanks to sweet Amy) and talked. We also found out that Apollo will be fairly easy to fix, less expensive to fix than we first feared, and should be fixed by tomorrow. Praise God!


I got to spend a decent chunk of this afternoon at the trailside Arsaga's, talking to Mum and then meeting with Michelle. It was deeply enjoyable - and gave me the opportunity to photograph a passing train.


I'm going to try to be more diligent about updating this blog at least once a week. Now that I've more than fulfilled this week's self-imposed requirement, I'm off to knit. Kaona is calling!

No comments: