Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Summer in Fayetteville


To begin, Happy Independence Day! I'm glad that I live where I do (and when I do! There is no era I would choose over this one :)


I love Fayetteville. I didn't realize how much I'd missed being here over the summer the past couple of years (not that Cleveland and NYC weren't awesome!)
[Photo credit goes to Amy, with whom I've had several adventures this summer, including the one pictured]

On the topic of Cleveland, Tuin&Co, a gardening magazine from the Netherlands, asked if they could use a photo I took of an herb spiral at the Cleveland Botanical Garden in one of their online articles. I, of course, said yes.


And as these were being installed, I thought they strongly resembled some that I had seen at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Upon further research, I found that they were made by the same artist. It was nice to have a little bit of Brooklyn come to Fayetteville.


I've been so busy that I haven't had time to take many pictures, but the opening of a new Arsaga's merited digging out my camera (and it's both on my route to work and a block away from my church!)


This location has crepes, which are absolutely amazing. I had one before I made the discovery (about a week ago) that I have Celiac disease, which means no more eating out anywhere (and especially nothing bready). It's a bit of a damper, but God's in control and it has at least gotten me to start cooking. I'm trying to see it as an adventure.


One thing that's kept me busy has been designing. I've got a scarf/cowl and another pair of socks in the works, but with Adam's help I finished this one up last night. I have a leaf obsession (not that that wasn't fairly obvious) and named these socks Birch.


Adam and I have had a few adventures - he hasn't had time for much, since he's super-busy at work. We still managed to go to Tulsa and Oklahoma City (for the nearest Lush - yes, he drove 4 hours so I could get bath bombs and henna hair dye) a few weekends ago. I love how any time he's left alone in a public place, he attracts kids. I can see why they'd love him, though... I think he's pretty awesome, myself. :)

Looking back over this post, I noticed two botanical garden mentions and a leaf inspired sock - I guess I was born to be a Burch!

No comments: