Friday, February 3, 2012

Indian Summer


Crocus. I know they're early bloomers, but these are liable to get their little buds nipped. In a way I hope that their hope is founded - that it will stay warm until they've finished blooming, but then the practical Southern girl in me thinks what an awful, buggy summer we'll have if it doesn't get cold and stay cold for awhile.


Granted, it hasn't all been sunshine and butterflies; the UBC Back-to-School college ministry bonfire was pretty chilly (once the rain stopped, the wind picked up). But there was a gargantuan fire, so that wasn't really a problem. And it would have been fun, cold or no.


I've been doing a lot of commission knitting lately. I did a couple pairs of my boot toppers for a lady at church, and I've got a couple more projects on the needles right now.


This pen was given to me for doing a commission. I absolutely love it - Leo did an amazing job, and he did it without input from me (yeah... I'm easy to define).


Another amazing thing that I've recently discovered is Mama Carmen's. Granted, it's my own fault for only just now trying it; it's been there for quite awhile and I've had people recommending it to me for at least a year. However, now that I've tried it, I'm hooked (it may have helped that I went on coffee-roasting day). I like to support "causes" - but I really like to support causes that produce good coffee and excellent chai.


Another way this has been an Indian summer is that it seems like the past few months have been something of an extended vacation. I've really enjoyed spending a lot of time with Adam - we've been taking turns beating each other at Monopoly (well, not "taking turns" because he wins more than I do). I have a habit of taking pictures of the playing pieces, but he doesn't have a micro lens for his camera. But the lens from an old TV works just as well. :)

I have a feeling (a good feeling) that things are about to pick up. But I've enjoyed the slower pace for the time I've had it, too.

No comments: