Thursday, November 3, 2011

Not All Who Wander Are Lost

We (in theory) leave Maryland today... it's been a long, but good, summer. I haven't seen Fayetteville for nearly 5 months, which tops my prior record (made last summer) of having spent, at most, 8 weeks away from home. I didn't think I'd be gone this long when I left, but I'm grateful for every minute of it.
Not only was I able to visit a city that has long intrigued me...
...but I was able to live there,
and spend my time being paid to do what I love and would be doing anyway.
For the duration of my stay, I saw only the beautiful and awe-inspiring, completely evading anything that would leave a negative impression.
I saw some friends from Fayetteville...

...and, through a stellar church, was able to make some amazing new friends.
Better still, after I left New York I was able to spend a month with the man I get to spend the rest of my life with.
So after a frantic frenzy of packing, and a graduation this afternoon, we'll be homeward bound.

I've got my memories
Always inside of me
But I can't go back
Back to how it was
I've come too far
No I can't go back
Back to how it was
And now after all my searching
After all my questions
I'm gonna call it home
I've got a brand new mindset
I can finally see the sunset
I'm gonna call it home
Created for a place I've never known
This is home
Now I'm finally where I belong
Where I belong
Yeah, this is home
I've been searching for a place of my own
Now I've found it
Maybe this is home
This is home

No comments: