Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Of Knitting, Here and There

Last week was extremely busy, but in a good way :)
The inaugural meeting of an informal monthly Sock Club convened at Nightbird Books/BHK Cafe on Monday evening. We plan to meet from 5ish to 7ish on the second Monday of every month. Currently our only rule is that you knit socks at sock club. In the future, we may try to organize a swap or other activities.
Tuesday I set out for Stitches South. I spent the night at my grandparents' house, just northeast of Memphis. It was really nice - I hadn't seen them in over a year, and the last time I was at their place was for my cousin's graduation 3 years ago.
My primary booth set-up task upon arriving in Atlanta was assembling two spiral racks and stocking them neatly with Claudia's yarn. I laid it all out on the floor the better to sort it (or maybe so I could pet and admire it all - that's a possibility ;)
I had a very official-looking badge :) In the background is the team with whom I worked: Susan and Liz of Fine Points, and Claudia of Claudia Handpainted Yarns.
My current favorite colors are rather apparent: socks knit with Claudia's Honey and Whirled Peas colored sock yarn, roving from Kitchen Sink Dyeworks and earrings by Ayala Bar from Fine Points.
We were so busy, chances to actually knit were few and far between. Liz seized the moment for a few stitches while Sue scampered inside to mail a letter.
In the Making had Malabrigo - oh, and a cute booth. That too. ;) I enjoyed working at Fine Points' booth --- but I also had fun looking at everyone else's.

No comments: