Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Poetry, Biology, Arithmetic

Now that Spring is returning, I've been spending more time out of doors (that said, we are in the midst of a cold snap).
Two trails meet at this point - one is parallel to the railroad tracks, and another runs under it. This is Scull Creek at one of its wider (and more serene) points.
Knittin' at Common Grounds. Well, Taylor was knitting, but Stella decided to befriend me so we read Alice in Wonderland together. It was fun interacting with a fellow princess. :)
This may get a poem written about it at some point... a once-vibrant vermilion orb, now faded and abandoned never to glow at a party again.
The library has Playaways (which I'd never heard of before, but think are absolutely brilliant - an audio book that is its own mp3 player) to check out, so I procured The Hound of the Baskervilles and went for a walk. :)
Old yardage calculations I did for a pattern I wrote. It's mess - and I had to redecipher it. (Unfortunately, I got the same answer. So now I don't know where the problem lies...)
I watched a tiny spider spin a web on my dashboard while eating my lunch before work one day. It was a very pretty web - but I wonder what he was planning to catch?
The fundamental theorem of calculus, embroidered on a commission piece. I'm not entirely certain what it means, but it's rather pretty.

No comments: