Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ragnarok

While it does bizarre things to lighting and my camera's settings, I still love to photograph snow. Especially when it makes it look like I've found Narnia...
Our neighbor ingeniously combined a hair dryer with an extension cord to create a solution for clearing snow off his windshield.
Adam braved the icy slickness for a visit. 'Tis slightly blurred because he was laughing at my failed attempt to get a picture without him noticing.
During the slight melting we had between snows, the tumbling drifts brought a lot of leaves down off the pin oak trees.
Being behind a large truck equipped with a hay bale impaler made me slightly nervous in my hay bale sized car, especially given the occasional ice patch that remained on the roads.
One thing being snowed in is good for is designing. Here's the beginning of the process:
I finally made it to work. This is a batch of Original Blue Cotton Candy ice cream - surprisingly good, if you can get over the color. For once I managed to make it without turning out Smurf-colored myself.
More snow has fallen, but there's hope for warmer weather ahead! I'm gratefully reminded of God's promise in Genesis 8:22 - "While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease."

No comments: