Sunday, July 11, 2010

Settling In

Behold, the peril of spending an afternoon knitting at the park!

 


Besides battling arachnids (friendly ones that want to help you knit), we now know how to operate an industrial elevator...


 


Yes, it's blurry. Elevators meant for carrying inanimate crates of stuff don't ride very smoothly. I spotted this walking home from the grocery store...


 


I saw the hawk before I realized what it actually was. Can you see it? Then, the view from a lightrail train stop...


 


Trains are fun. I'd never taken one before, but once I got over the stop at Tower City (it's under a tall building and gave me weird mental images conjured from Fringe, Knowing, and Batman Begins) I enjoyed it. Which is good because I'll be taking one twice a week. Here's 56 West...


 


Located on Detroit Ave on the West side, they have great burgers and the best French fries ever. They had some sort of seasoning on them... and I'm pretty picky about my fries. The following because I have this thing for self portraits...


 


Here's my shadow. I'm carrying a lunch bag and a messenger bag, not wearing an oddly lumpy skirt as it appears. And finally...


 


The house of which I speak. We're on the second floor, with the black awnings. Which absorb heat magnificently. But we're in the back of the house where the bedrooms are most of the time anyway, so it's all good. I can't believe an entire week has passed! Only 7 more weeks to go!

No comments: